Set sail for murder

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Humor for the New Year

I have been reading so many humorous books that I have lost track. My first was "If It Was Easy, They'd Call the Whole Damn Thing a Honeymoon" by Jenna McCarthy. This was my introduction to Jenna McCarthy,  She is an author who writes for magazines. On the Self magazine website I found a listing of articles that she wrote on how to keep your relationship sexy. Her book was all about the "men are from Mars" take, how annoying he can be, and she gathered lots of quotes from women with titles that said,"at least I'm not married to him." I loved reading all the little stories of their relationship and how she adapts to his style, and how patience he is with her idiosyncrasies, especially since she is writing about their relationship. And I can understand that many of the stories were probably exaggerated but, there had to be some tiny element of truth. I found the book hillarious.

No comments: