Set sail for murder

Monday, January 11, 2010

Reading, reading, reading

I have way too many books being read at the same time. The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir to find out more about King Richard III. A Fountain Filled with Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming to continue with the series, A Reverend Clare Ferguson Mystery.
One Year to an Organized Work Life by Regina Leeds. I am taking her advise for January, to make my bed everyday for 21 days, and if I skip a day, I have to go back and start the count all over again. I have been trying to get organized for 40 years, is there any hope? Hey, I keep my address book and my checkbook and my ATM card in my purse every day. That's a pretty good start. Now, to just write out my bills as they come in. Oh yeah, I also am reading Real Simple, the magazine. I am listening to Terra Incognito: Travels in Antarctica by Sara Wheeler on CD in my car. Quiz me on my knowledge of Antarctica, I am amazed how much she puts into the ongoing diary of seven months in Antarctica as writer-in-residence. They just celebrated Christmas and New Year's. Love it. But Julie says that's no help, I love everything. And another book, I received this from my brother for Christmas, Ghost Train to the Eastern Star by Paul Theroux. Travel by books, that's my motto. And I read all of the Harper's Magazine, August 2009. Good stuff there, especially the novella, Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro, which was included in the book of short stories by the same name that came out in 2009. Alice Munro is the winner of the 2009 Man Booker International Prize. This novella is the story of Sophia Kovalevsky, and it makes me want to read the biography written by Don H. Kennedy, Little Sparrow: A Portrait of Sophia Kovalevsky (Ohio University Press, 1983). Awesome story.

2 comments:

Regina Leeds said...

Best of luck with your organizing!
Take life breath to breath....you can do this....


Blessings,
Regina

Carolyn Rector said...

Thank you, thank you! I am so glad you found my post.