Set sail for murder

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Fountain Filled With Blood


If you follow my blog, you know I am on the look out for a good intelligent mystery series, and I have found it with Julia Fleming-Spencer's Clare Fergusson. The first of the series, In a Bleak Midwinter was a good introduction. I especially liked the nail-biting drama toward the end. It kept me up turning the pages. Now this second in the series, In a Fountain Filled with Blood, I found a much more interesting character in Reverend Clare. She jumps off the page a full of action, and drawing the reader right along with her in all her daring attempts at half-killing herself. The friendship between her and the chief of police is heating up, but both of them are unable to admit it to each other. It is just an excellent mystery that kept me guessing up to the end.

No comments: