Set sail for murder

Friday, April 8, 2016

Reading Agatha Christie

I keep telling myself that I am going to read all of Agatha Christie in order by publication date. I have made a start but haven't gotten that far. Here is an introduction list I should try to remember:
 The Mysterious Affair at Styles
The Secret Adversary
Murder on the Links
Poirot Investigates (short stories)
Poirot's Early Cases (short stories)
The Man in the Brown Suit
The Secret of Chimneys
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Big Four
The Mystery of the Blue Train
Black Coffee (play novelization by Charles Osborne)
Partners in Crime (short stories)
The Seven Dials Mystery
The Murder at the Vicarage
The Mysterious Mr Quin (short stories)
The Sittaford Mystery
Some of these I read many years ago, but I think I should just start over and watch the progression of her work by reading them in order. From this list I don't think I've ever read " The Big Four." Once I tried to read "A Caribbean Mystery" but just couldn't get into it. "The Sittaford Mystery" always grabs me on the first page and draws me right into it. I do like a good mystery.

No comments: