Set sail for murder

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


Annie Barrows helped to finish her aunt's novel after her aunt, Mary Ann Shaffer grew ill. Read more about the biographies of both authors on the link in the title of this blog.
Also mentioned in the biography of Mary Ann Shaffer is a book about the German occupation of Guernsey, Jersey under the Jack-Boot. That would be an interesting book to find and read. That's how I like my reading to evolve sometimes, fiction, nonfiction by subject.
Another English book I am reading right now is The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. Hailed as one of the best mystery novels written, it is about an investigation into the murder of the princes in the tower. I think there was a lot of research completed by Miss Tey for this novel, but I especially like the dialog. The author was also a playwright. Recommended for English history lovers.

No comments: