Set sail for murder

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Country's Birthday


Our fourth of July three-day weekend has turned brighter now that it is Sunday. After all that rain on Friday, we have been lucky since then. Good time to sit and read, after all the weeding and mowing gets done. I found a good substitute waiting for my Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich. I have read my first Dorothes Benton Frank novel, starting with The Land of Mango Sunsets. If I can't get to the beach, the next best thing is to read about it. The story jumps between New York City and Sullivan Island, South Carolina. Funny, wise and wonderful describe this light-hearted story of a woman scorned, and her decision to renew her life one sandy footprint at a time. There is family healing, plenty of laughs, and even a loud-mouthed parrot who lightens things up. Of course there is drama, but it gets resolved in the end. A feel good read for a summer day on the porch.

No comments: