Set sail for murder

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Iconic Restaurants of Butler County, Ohio

 By Teri Horsley. 2019. A trip down memory lane of classic good food before fast food took over. I lived in Oxford, Ohio for five years pursuing an education at Miami University. My first husband and I married in 1972 and were married students living on campus. Needless to say we didn't have a lot of money to spend, but I remember the era of family owned restaurants, and I am still trying to find the classics. In Troy, Ohio we have K's a popular hamburger stand that has been here at least from the 50's. Last year Pearson House in West Milton closed due to the owners retirement. I've been there many times to eat their homemade lasagna and an assortment of homemade pies. Loretta's Country Kitchen in Christiansburg is a family style restaurant that is usually busy when I've been there. It has been open since 1983. The Mel O Dee Restaurant in Medway, Ohio has been serving home cooked meals since 1965.

Teri Horsley has been a food critic for Cox Ohio Newspaper Group and enjoys taking cooking classes all.over the country.

No comments: