Set sail for murder

Monday, January 7, 2013

Good Reads

Here is a recommendation  for the New Year, " A Land More Kind Than Home," by Wiley Cash. It is a first novel, beautifully written, and recommended to me by Julie Smith, one of the book reviewers here at Tipp City Public Library that I can trust. From the back cover, " The narrative is strong, clean, direct and economical. He is very familiar with this part of rural North Carolina, its mountains, valleys, rivers, vegetation and farms. " by Ernest Gaines.
The Memory of RunningI am in the middle of "Memory of Running," by Ron McLarty. Julie has been trying to get me to read it for years now, and my to be read pile has dwindled until I finally caught up with it and I needed something light. Julie has recommended this book to many people and I have finally taken up her offer. I am not disappointed. It's a good read so far.

No comments: