Set sail for murder

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Agatha Christie Queen of Crime Sweepstakes

Acorn is hosting a Queen of Crime Sweepstakes. Win a trip to London. Follow the link in my title and enter by April 30, 2012. I have loved Agatha Christie since I was thirteen and saw the movie, And Then There Were None, followed by reading the book, Ten Little Indians, released in 1965 in the US by that name. Yes, I was thirteen in 1965, but like an elephant I can remember a lot from that time. I was a Girl Scout, I lived in Beavercreek, Ohio, and I loved to read. Ten Little Indians takes place on Indian Island. Ten people are given a written invitation to join the host for a weekend, then one by one, the guests are murdered. The movie version has the guests on a mountain that they can only access by a ski lift. I can still see someone trying to cut the cable. Try it for good escapism. So much for cozy mystery.

No comments: