Set sail for murder

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BookBrowse added to Tipp Library's databases

Tipp City Library has added BookBrowse to their subscriptions and I am trying to see what BookBrowse has to offer readers. Check out the readalike offerings at the end of a book summary and review. I was introduced to Jonathan Tropper this past winter, and found his book, This is Where I Leave You, delightful. After immersing myself in dark novels, I need a little lighter fare. From the BookBrowse feature on Tropper's novel I find a list of readalikes at the end:
Read-Alikes:


A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Ask by Sam Lipsyte
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris

Interesting, now I have to read The Lonely Polygamist, I think Julie has made this the Tipp City read all my herself, she has recommended it to everyone. Now she has asked for my opinion. Since I am reading Freedom by Jonathan Frazen right now it might take a while to get to it. I like David Sedaris, but I like his performances the best. I caught a small introduction to Alexander McCall Smith's latest, Corduroy Mansions and found myself laughing out loud so I do want to get back to that when I can. Tell me what you like about BookBrowse.

No comments: