Set sail for murder

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Beach Read


After reading so many references to this great "beach read", Moon Shell Beach by Nancy Thayer, I just had to see for myself if it was everything I expected in a "beach read". Since I finished it in one day, I would say there was easy-to-read fast-paced flow to the story. The two characters of the novel were childhood friends who have resided on Nantucket, and this is the story of their relationship through marriages and affairs of each. Check this one out if you like a lot of story with little description. Enjoyable, but not as light and carefree as many chick-lit novels are. Serious issues are discussed with a happy ending, which makes it technically a romance. Other novels by Nancy Thayer of late are the "Hot Flash" series of books that begins with The Hot Flash Club.

No comments: