Set sail for murder

Monday, January 11, 2016

Goodreads 2016

On Goodreads I posted that I want to read fifty books in 2016. Just what I did in 2015, but I am going to read from the Adult Reading Round Table suggestions in various genres in my study of Readers Advisory in the library setting. NovelistPlus ( a database found on most library websites) had a list in the Readers Advisory Toolbox called ARRT Popular Fiction List under especially for Readers Advisory that I am going to read from, to familiarize myself with new authors.  I think I will read a different genre pick from their list and then a book from my own bookshelf. I really do need to read the books that I own. From my shelf I am going to read "The Paris Correspondent: a novel of newspapers, then and now" by Alan S. Cowell. Sound like a literary novel of which I usually enjoy the most. I read that to help a reader interested in literary fiction go to the awards websites and their lists should satisfy most readers of literary fiction. I am going to post a few websites here:
The Man Booker Prize "The Man Booker Prize promotes the finest in fiction by rewarding the very best book of the year. The prize is the world's most important literary award and has the power to transform the fortunes of authors and publishers."
National Book Awards "The mission of the National Book Foundation and the National Book Awards is to celebrate the best of American literature, to expand its audience, and to enhance the cultural value of great writing in America."
Pulitzer Prize "Established in 1917 and endowed by Joseph Pulitzer, the noted Hungarian immigrant newspaper publisher, the Pulitzer Prize categories included here recognize distinguished works of fiction and nonfiction published in book form by an American author, preferably dealing with American life."

No comments: